Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

Yes, I know. Thanksgiving isn't until tomorrow. But, since tomorrow will be busy and I was inspired by our pastor's post, I thought I'd post today.

I'm thankful for this year. It's been really tough. Had I known what I was headed for on New Year's Eve, I probably would have begged God to change His mind and felt sure that I could never make it to Thanksgiving. But...here I am. And I'm grateful. I've grown so much this year, and I've made it through lots of things I didn't think I could, by His grace. I'm struck down, but not destroyed, persecuted, not abandoned. Tomorrow, I will be able to enjoy some turkey, a little mashed potatoes, some gluten-free stuffing (we'll see how that turns out...), and a gluten-free pumpkin pie that will form its own crust, of sorts. I can even have some cool whip on it! It's the little things in life, you know? These are things that I never thought I'd be thankful for, or that I'd HAVE to be thankful for, but God's taken me on a surprise trip this year. And it's okay. I won't have to worry about holiday weight gain, and I'll be able to truly understand what it means to be grateful with less. And you know what? I have more than I need. "He is in covenant with us through His Son to never stop doing us good, and showering us with mercy, and overwhelming us with faithful care, and working out all things for our good. God is good and his steadfast love endures forever!" (SGC pastor's blog).

Tomorrow, we're spending Thanksgiving with some family friends that we haven't seen in a while. I'm excited to serve them and catch up on our lives. Thank you, Lord, for my family, for good friends, for food, and for chances to relax and reflect on all you've done for us.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment