Friday, November 23, 2012

Changes

God is so amazing.

I know that's an understatement, and incredibly obvious, but it always bears repeating. Thank you all for your encouragement and prayers, especially those regarding my last post. They've really helped! I know the fears that I expressed were nothing uncommon for someone who's facing a new chapter in their life, but the intensity of them was so acute that I really feel it was an attack by the Enemy. Fortunately, we have a God who knows, hears, and listens. He is our ever present help in time of trouble. Hallelujah!

While I still struggle with having to leave everyone, I am filled with hope and excitement. It's two months to the day to when I'll leave for London, and I can't wait! God (knowing my weaknesses) has shown me His faithfulness in the little things and the big things to such a great extent over the last couple of weeks that it has left me overwhelmed and thrilled at the thought of what's to come. Every time I'm tempted to worry, I'm reminded of His purpose and faithfulness. I can't doubt (at least, not with any sense)!

My team is faithfully praying for me as everything here comes together. Even though I have my certificate of sponsorship, I can't get it (or my visa application) through to the UK Border Agency due to a website glitch. This has gone on for days, and I've sent them several notifications, so we'll see what happens. I'm in faith that it will be resolved in time. In the meantime, I have lots of money left to raise! I'm working a temporary job to help out with this, and holding fundraisers whenever possible.

Trust is a difficult thing for me. But in this wonderful season, God is gently forcing me to wait, pray, and watch for His intervention. The visa will come through. The money will come through. And I am about to embark on a journey that will change me more than I can even imagine. I can't wait. London is truly calling, to the point where I'm antsy with excitement. My heart is there. My future is there. It feels more like home now than Virginia does! I'm so grateful to be called to a place that I love, and to the Arts. I've always wanted to pursue my dreams and passions, but I never thought I'd be able to. Because of this, my future now seems shocking, and I keep waiting for something to go wrong and for me to be disappointed. But that's my typical short-sightedness talking. ;-) I wonder how I'd feel if I'd trusted God with my future earlier, instead of planning on probability? I'm sure there will be many surprises ahead, but God is good always, no matter what happens.

"I love the Lord because He hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath!" ~Psalm 116:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment