Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Peach Breakfast Bake

Hi there!

I know it's been a while, but I'm back! My best friend (Cait) and I made this recipe for breakfast the other day and it was so good that it brought me out of my long-though-unintended break from blogging! It's like peach cobbler for breakfast!



Picture taken from the "Chocolate-Covered Katie" blog (http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/06/26/peach-breakfast-bake/)

This recipe came from a blog called "Chocolate-Covered Katie: The Healthy Dessert Blog." Cait and I made a few alterations:

Serves 2

2 1/2 cups sliced peaches
1/2 T lemon juice
1/2 T arrowroot (or cornstarch, but we used flour)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 cup of oatmeal
2 T brown sugar
1 T melted margarine or oil (or butter, which we used!)
1 T applesauce (For a more buttery taste, replace this with an extra T of the margarine)
1/4 tsp salt (use only 1/8 tsp if using margarine)
A splash of coffee creamer (we used caramel macchiato flavor!)

The oatmeal can be prepared however you prefer. Cait and I made ours on the stove. For the filling, mix the peaches, lemon, arrowroot, cinnamon, 1/2 the salt, and 1/2 the sweetener in a bowl. Let sit for ten minutes. Meanwhile, stir the remaining sweetener, remaining salt, melted margarine or oil, and applesauce in a bowl until well-blended. Serve an equal portion of the peach mixture and the oatmeal into bowls and add your creamer, should you so desire.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment